Telangana State Innovation Cell in collaboration with Kult Nizamabad conducted, Telangana Innovation Yatra (TIY), a 4-day journey that aimed to make participants explore the real-time frugal innovations and expand their knowledge beyond the horizons of traditional ideation.
First, of its kind, the yatra took the participants to 10 different districts in Telangana and threw a limelight on the novel innovations that are there in each district, taking 4 different routes from the state starting from February 19 to February 22, 2020.
- To give an exposure to the disruptive innovations across the state.
- To make participants interact with a multitude of pioneers and drive deep into the opportunities through innovation-ecosystem.
- Interaction with the like-minded people across the journey and meet different government authorities under one platform.
- To build observation, problem-solving and leadership abilities among the participants and thereby design innovative solutions that are to be implemented.
- The Innovation Yatra covered the entire state journey in 4 Routes, 4 Buses, 4 Days and 4000+ km.
- Yatra Dates – 19th to 22nd February 2019.
- The 4 routes are as follows:
- Route 1 – Warangal → Karimnagar → Peddapalli → Hyderabad
- Route 2 – Khammam → Nalgonda → Rangareddy → Hyderabad
- Route 3 – Adilabad → Nizamabad → Medak → Hyderabad
- Route 4 – Mahabubnagar → Wanaparthy → Gadwal → Hyderabad
- The 4 days plan is as follows:
- Day – 1: Expressing the need for innovation through opportunities by Government, corporates and other stakeholders.
- Day – 2: Creating an innovative solution for a given opportunity through systematic approach – Design Thinking Workshop.
- Day – 3: Learning the gap (rural and urban) through a ‘Walk for Innovation’. Understanding the existing innovations and celebrating those innovations. Designing customized solutions wherever required.
- Day – 4: Exposure to the Hyderabad ecosystem. Exhibiting the solution for the given opportunity to the Government officials and other stakeholders. Closing ceremony.
- The overall objective of the yatra is to witness at least 10 Innovative Ideas for true problems prevailing in the society.
The Telangana Innovation Yatra 2020 has come into action while various different hands joined to together to support and encourage it.
The partners are:
- Telangana State Council for Higher Education (TSCHE)
- TS Tourism
- Make room India
- Outshade Digital Media
- Eagle Media Works